Recruitment and Current Vacancies at Thompson Wright
At Thompson Wright, we consider our strength lies in our people and our values are built around providing our staff with a great environment to work in, as quality of life is important to us. If you think you would fit well into our team and want to excel in your career, please do get in touch. We offer excellent on the job training and a real commitment to professional development. We are a growing company and we are always interested in hearing from talented and motivated people.
We require a highly motivated individual with an IT background with specific knowledge of the following:
- Strong experience with SQL essential and any similar (such as My SQL)
- Experience with relational databases
- Proficient at using Excel
- Automating and streamlining systems/tasks
- Ability to understand/learn and use API functionality with online software such as Xero
- Ability to communicate with management (without jargon) in relation to technical issues and work with a team to develop reports for the efficient running on accountancy practice
- Experience of power BI or similar reporting services to implement solutions
- Willingness to review systems of our clients to improve their efficiency and reporting abilities. This should give you a wide spectrum of work and experience
- A keen eye for user-friendly user interface
- Strong communication skills essential
Bookkeeper/Cloud Accounting Role
We are seeking a motivated and proactive Bookkeeper to join our growing strong team.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Data entry of sales and purchase invoices
- Data entry of bank statements
- Scanning sales and purchase invoices into software
- Bank reconciliations
- VAT return preparation and submission
- Engaging with potential and existing clients managing communications via email and phone call
- Using a variety of bookkeeping and accounts production software such as; Xero, Sage, QuickBooks Online, ReceiptBank, Excel and Autoentry.
- Assisting clients with cloud accounting queries and providing training support as needed.
- Assisting the manager with general office administration
- Answer all telephone calls in a timely, courteous and efficient manner and accurately log information on all calls received
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the general public
- Plus other ad hoc duties
- The ideal candidate will have bookkeeping and VAT experience within an accountancy practice.
- This role is on a full time or part time basis.
We are currently seeking the following to join and to take an enthusiastic and active part in supporting our Teams.
- A part or newly qualified accountant (with or without audit experience);
- A tax assistant able to prepare, process and accurately file electronic returns with HMRC;
- AAT / ACCA / ICAEW qualified or studier.
The ideal candidates will:
- Be able to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency;
- A great attitude towards problem solving, good attention to detail and a positive can-do attitude;
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and clients;
- Be a good team player.
If you think you would fit well into our team and want to excel in your career then please do get in touch. We offer excellent on the job training and a real commitment to professional development. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please submit your application with an up-to-date CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org.